Ibraheem bin Adham Rahimahullah was once passing through the market in Basrah, it was said to him, ‘O Abu Ishaq, verily Allah has declared, Ask, I will grant your request.. Why is it that we make Duaa and He does not accept them?’
He replied, ‘Surely,it is because your hearts have become dead due to 10 things:
* You have known who Allah is, yet you have not fulfilled His duties.
* You have recited the Noble Qura’an, yet you have not practised upon it.
* You proclaim the love of Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), yet you have not practised upon his Sunnah.
* You have pronounced that Shaytaan is your enemy, yet you have stood with him.
* You have pronounced your desire for Jannah, yet you have done nothing to achieve it.
* You have pronounced your fear for Jahannam, yet you have done nothing to escape it.
* You have proclaimed that there is surely no escape from death, yet you have not prepared for it.
* You have indulged in seeking the faults of others and have left looking your own faults.
* You have enjoyed all the blessings and bounties of Allah, yet you do not give Him due praise for it.
* You buried your dead, but have taken no admonition.
HOW THEN WILL YOUR DU’AAS BE ACCEPTED?